Hours of Services
Services By Appointments Only
U.S. citizen services are provided by appointments only, Monday to Thursday, from 1:15 to 3:15 p.m. For instructions on how to schedule an appointment for any of services provided below, follow the respective link:
- Passport Services - (Monday to Thursday);
- Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) - (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays);
- Notary Services for All Nationals (including affidavits of Freedom to Marry and Residency Permit, and Apostille information ) - (Monday to Thursday);
- Enrolling though our Smart Traveler Program (Online service or by appointment on Tuesdays);
- Federal Benefits (including Social Security, Medicare and Veterans' Benefits) - (Tuesdays);
- Tax Information - (Tuesdays);
- Selective Service Registration - (Tuesdays).
Walk-in services (no appointment necessary) will be provided only for the below cases, Monday to Friday during business hours:
- Absentee Voting Assistance - (1:15 to 3:15 p.m.);
- Reporting Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport:
(In most cases involving a lost or stolen U.S. passport with imminent travel, the U.S. Embassy in Tirana will not be able to initiate the replacement of a passport until the next business day.);
- Life-Threatening Illness or Medical Condition;
- Assistance with a Victim of Crime;
- Reporting Arrest of a U.S. Citizen;
- International Parental Child Abduction Information;
- Reporting Death of a U.S. Citizen;
- Repatriation Loan for a Destitute U.S. Citizen.
After Business Hours
In case of an after-hours emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please call +355-(0)4-224-7285 thru 89, and ask to speak with the duty officer. Various questions on the above services may be addressed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrance At the Security Check Point
Only person(s) seeking consular services will be admitted into the Consular Section by showing an appointment confirmation sheet and a photo ID. Exceptions will be made only if those seeking consular services are under 18, or if they are disabled and require assistance.
Please do not bring mobile phones or any electronic devices, such as Blackberries, iPods, or PDAs as they are not allowed within the Consular Section. We also strongly advise you not to bring strollers, large bags, backpacks, suitcases or packages to the consular section as there are no storage cabinets on the grounds of our facility.
Applicants who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point.
Visa Concerns and Inquiries
According to the policy of the U.S. Embassy in Tirana, visa inquiries can only be addressed in writing to ensure accuracy in answering. No visa inquires will be taken during American Citizen Services Hours. Please do not schedule an online appointment regarding a visa concern or question. If you have a question about a visa issue, please visit our VISA SECTION.
Emergency Contact for U.S. Citizens
Click on the image or the link above for a map of the Embassy location.