Minor Applicants (Under Age 16)
To apply for a passport for your minor (under 16) child, you will need:
- A complete application form. You can use either the Department of State's online passport application form of the PDF version of the DS-11 Application for a U.S. passport (PDF 100 KB).
- Please don't sign the application until you are asked to do so;
- Please make sure you answer every question and provide your child’s Social Security Number. List your current physical address in Albania as your “mailing address” in response to question #8, even if you will only be at that location for a few days.
- Your child’s original birth certificate OR Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). If the certificate does not include the child’s current legal parents, we would also need a copy of the adoption decree or other court order establishing a legal parent-child or guardianship relationship. Non-English documents should be accompanied by a translation.
- If you are renewing your child’s passport, his or her previous passport. It can also be helpful to bring any valid foreign passports your child may have.
- Evidence of Your Child’s Citizenship. This is necessary only if you are applying for your child’s first U.S. passport and he or she does not have a U.S. birth certificate or CRBA.
- Parent/Guardian Identification. A government issued ID for each parent, such as a U.S. or foreign passport, U.S. driving license, or foreign national ID card.
- One Passport Photo (5x5cm / 2”x2”). The photo should be in color and taken within the last 6 months. Please do not attach the photo to the application form. Exact photo specifications are on the Department of State's Photograph Requirements page.
- The $105 Application Fee, payable when you submit your application in either dollars, leke, or by credit card.
- Schedule an Online Appointment. Both parents and the child must appear in person. If one parent cannot appear, please follow the Parental Consent instructions. You can make an appointment by visiting our Consular Calendar.
Receiving your Child’s Passport
Full validity passports are printed in the U.S. and are generally available for pickup at the embassy or courier delivery about two weeks after your application is accepted.
If you would like to have your new passport delivered via private courier, please inform us at the time you submit your application. The cost for each passport is 500 ALL within Tirana and 600 ALL outside of the Tirana area. Payment is collected by the Albanian Courier office when you pick up your passport.
You are also welcome to pick up your new passport at the Embassy on any work day. We’ll send you an email to let you know when the passport is ready.
If you have questions about passports not answered on our website, please email us at ACSTirana@state.gov.
• in color;
• 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm);
• on quality paper;
• on white background.
Online Appointment System
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.