The U.S. Embassy in Tirana provides routine passport services to U.S. citizens, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, at 1:15 p.m., by appointments only through our online appointment system. Please complete your passport application form (DS-11 or DS-82 as instructed in the links below) prior to appearing for your interview. If your passport application form has not been completed by the time of your appointment, you will be required to schedule a new appointment.
In most cases, passport services require 10 to 14 business days for completion. Please chose one of the passport services provided below for information on the forms, fees and other documentation to be presented at the time of your appointment. You should arrive for your appointment with all required forms completed and with required photocopies.
- Minor Applicants (Under Age 16);
(For all minor applicants under the age of 16.)
- First Time Applicants (Age 16 or Older)
(For applicants age 16 and older who are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time; and for those who are renewing their passports for the first time after the age of 16.)
- Renewing a U.S. Passport (For Adults);
(For adult applicants whose last passport was issued when they were at least 16 years old or older.)
- Lost or Stolen Passports;
- Correcting or Changing Information;
- Adding Visa Pages to a Valid U.S. Passport;
- Replace a Limited U.S. Passport.
Tips for Fastest Service During your Interview:
- Please bring all the fees, photos, forms, and photocopies required;
- Bring your original identity documents as required;
- Please complete your passport form prior to arriving for your interview, but do not write below the lines indicated and do not sign your application prior to having your interview;
- For renewals of childrens' passports please bring “growing-up photos.” Typically we require approximately one photo every 6-12 months from the time the child was issued the previous passport, through the present;
- Ensure you comply with the Special Requirements for Children Under Age 16, described below:
Special Requirements for Children Under Age 16
- Both parents must provide consent authorizing passport issuance for a minor under age 16 and be present together with the child at the time of application. If not, see the scenarios at our webpage “Parental Consent” and follow the instruction that best applies to your circumstance;
- Both parents must show evidence of identification;
- Please bring “growing-up photos.” Typically we require approximately one photo every 6-12 months from the time the child was issued the previous passport, through the present;
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant;
Evidence of Relationship (One of the following):
- Minor's certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents' names;
- Minor's certified Foreign Birth Certificate with both parents' names*;
- Minor's Report of Birth Abroad with both parents' names;
- Adoption Decree with adopting parents' names*;
- Court Order establishing custody;
- Court Order establishing guardianship
*All foreign documents submitted with a passport application must be accompanied by an English translation (formal or informal).
Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as evidence of relationship. Evidence of a legal name change must be submitted, if the name of a parent/guardian has changed since the original documents were issued (e.g. photocopy of a marriage certificate, etc.)
3/29/2013: As of April 2, 2013, if your passport application is approved, you will have two options to receive your new passport.