How to contact in case of an Emergency
In case of an after-hours emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please call +355-(0)-4224-7285 thru 89, and ask to speak with the duty officer.
Emergency services include:
- Lost or Stolen U.S. passport
In most cases involving a lost or stolen U.S. passport, the U.S. Embassy in Tirana will not be able to initiate the replacement of a passport until the next business day. The duty officer can provide more detailed advice.
- Arrest of a U.S. citizen
- Life-Threatening Illness or Medical Condition of a U.S. citizen
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Death of an American Citizen in Albania
- Crime Victim Assistance for a U.S. citizen
- Repatriation Loans
Please note that this number cannot be used for visa inquiries. Visa inquiries are addressed at our web page “I Am Inquiring About”.