How to contact us in case of an Emergency
In case of an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please call +355-(0)-4224-7285. Ask to speak with the American Citizen Services Unit during business hours and the duty officer if the Embassy is closed.
Emergency services include:
- Lost or Stolen U.S. passport
In most cases involving a lost or stolen U.S. passport, the U.S. Embassy in Tirana will not be able to issue a replacement until the next business day. The duty officer can provide more detailed advice.
- Arrest of a U.S. citizen
- Life-Threatening Illness or Medical Condition of a U.S. citizen
- International Parental Child Abduction
- Death of an American Citizen in Albania
- Crime Victim Assistance for a U.S. citizen
Please understand that our American Citizen Services staff cannot answer visa question.